POVIDONE IODINE - povidone-iodine swab
Sion Biotext Medical Ltd
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Povidone Iodine 10%
- Antiseptic cleanser to help prevent infection in minor cuts, scrapes and burns.
- For preparation of the skin prior to surgery.
- Helps reduce bacteria that can potentially cause skin infection.
For External Use Only.
Do not use
- In the eyes
- As a first aid antiseptic for longer than 1 week
- Over large areas of the body
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- Deep or puncture wounds
- Animal bites
- Serious burns
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- Condition worsens or persists for more than 72 hours
- Irritation and redness develops
Keep out of reach of children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Tear at notch
- Remove applicator
- Use only once
As a first aid antispetic
For preoperative patient skin preparation
- Clean affected area
- apply 1-3 times daily
- May be covered with a sterile bandage
- If bandaged, let dry first.
- Clean area
- Apply to operative site prior to surgery using applicator
- Store at room temperature
- Avoid excessive heat
Principal Display Panel
For External Use Only