METHEMOGLOBINEMIA WARNING: Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. This can occur even if you have used this product before. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if you or a child in your care develops:
- pale, gray, or blue colored skin (cyanosis)
- rapid heart rate
- shortness of breath
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fatigue or lack of energy
Allergy alert: do not use this product if you have a history of allergy to local anesthetics such as procaine, butacaine, benzocaine or other “caine” anesthetics.
Do not use
- for teething
- in children under 2 years of age
When using this product
- avoid contact with the eyes
- do not exceed recommended dosage
- do not use for more than 7 days unless directed by a doctor/dentist
Stop use and ask a dentist or doctor if
- swelling, rash or fever develops
- irritation, pain or redness persists or worsens
- symptoms do not improve in 7 days
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.