TEAT DIPPING is an important part of a MASTITIS CONTROL PLAN:
1. Dip teats immediately after milking.
2. Use good milking and environmental
3. Use properly functioning milking equipment.
4. Treat every quarter of every cow at dry off.
5. Identify and treat or manage clinical cases promptly.
6. Cull chronically infected cows.
GREAT FOR FOAMING
TEAT DIPPING IN COLD WEATHER:
When the temperature falls below 10 degrees F, or when wind chill is significant,
special precautions should be taken to avoid chapped and frozen teats.
1. Teats should be dry before turning cows out into cold weather.
2. When teats are dipped after milking, allow 30 seconds contact, and
blot off any excess teat dip with a single service towel.
3. Warm the teat dip to reduce drying time.
4. Provide windbreaks in outside areas for cows.
5. Monitor fresh cows with swollen udders and teats since they are
more susceptible to chapped and frozen teats.
EYES: If contact with eyes occurs, flush with plenty of cool water for
15 minutes. Consult a physician.
INTERNAL: May be harmful if swallowed. If ingested, drink large
amounts of water. DO NOT induce vomiting. Get medical attention
24 HOUR EMERGENCY CONTACT
1% Iodine Teat Dip
An Aid in Reducing the Spread of
Organisms Which May Cause Mastitis
ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Concentrated iodophor,
provides 1% titratable iodine, equivalent to 10,000 ppm titratable iodine.
Emollient system: Contains 10% glycerin.
KEEP OUT OF THE REACH OF CHILDREN
See side panel for precautionary and First-Aid Statements.
NET CONTENTS: 1 U.S. FL. GALLON (3.78 LITERS)
STEARNS PACKAGING CORPORATION
4200 Sycamore Ave. (53714), PO Box 3216, Madison, WI 53704
|MILKHOUSE BRAND FORTREX 1% IODINE TEAT DIP
|Labeler - Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256)|
|Registrant - Stearns Packaging Corporation (006069256)|
|Stearns Packaging Corporation||006069256||manufacture, api manufacture|