The product contains Acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- more than 4 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include
- skin reddening
If skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist
- for more than 10 days for pain unless directed by a doctor
- for more than 3 days for fever unless directed by a doctor.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- to make a child sleepy
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma chronic bronchitis or emphysema
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use
- if you are taking sedatives or tranquillizers
- if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When using this product
- do not use more than directed
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- redness or swelling is present
- symptoms do not get better within 7 days or are accompanied by a fever
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- new symptoms occur
- cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose may cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.