Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- high blood pressure
- glaucoma (Nighttime only)
- thyroid disease
- heart disease
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema (Daytime only)
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema (Nighttime only)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers (Nighttime only)
When using this product
do not exceed recommended dosage
- excitability may occur, especially in children (Nighttime only)
- marked drowsiness may occur (Nighttime only)
- avoid alcoholic beverages (Nighttime only)
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery (Nighttime only)
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness (Nighttime only)
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
Read each section carefully. Do not take DAYTIME and NIGHTTIME products at the same time.