This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
*more than 4 doses in 24 hrs, which is the maximum daily amount for this product
* with other drugs containing acetaminophen
*3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning:
if sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
*with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
* if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
*to make a child sleep (Nighttime only).
Ask a doctor before use if you have
* liver disease
* heart disease (Daytime only)
* high blood pressure (Daytime only)
* thyroid disease (Daytime only)
* trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
* glaucoma (Nighttime only)
* persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma or emphysema and (Nighttime only) chronic bronchitis
* cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or a pharmacist before use if you are
* taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
* taking sedatives or tranquilizers (Nighttime only)
When using this product
Do not use more than directed. In addition when using Nighttime:
* excitability may occur, especially in children
* marked drowsiness may occur
* alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
* be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
* avoid alcoholic drinks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
* you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless (Daytime only)
* pain, cough and nasal congestion (Daytime only) may get worse or lasts more than 7 days
* new symptoms occur
* fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
* redness or swelling is present
* cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding,
ask a health care professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children
Taking more than directed can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.