ALKA SELTZER PLUS Cold Day and Night Effervescent by is a Otc medication manufactured, distributed, or labeled by Sincronia Logistica, S.A. de C.V.. Drug facts, warnings, and ingredients follow.
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
● hives ● facial swelling ● asthma (wheezing) ● shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
● are age 60 or older
● have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
● take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
● take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs
(aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
● have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
● take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use to sedate children.
● if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
● if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
● if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
● in children under 12 years of age
● stomach bleeding warning applies to you
● you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
● you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney disease
● you are taking a diuretic
● you have
● asthma ● thyroid disease ● diabetes
● cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
● a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
● difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
● persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
● a sodium-restricted diet
● taking a prescription drug for
● gout ● diabetes ● arthritis
● taking sedatives or tranquilizers
● do not exceed recommended dosage
● may cause marked drowsiness
● avoid alcoholic drinks
● alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
● be careful when driving a motor vehicle or
● may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
|ALKA SELTZER PLUS COLD DAY AND NIGHT EFFERVESCENT
aspirin, dextromethorphan hydrobromide, phenylephrine bitartrate tablet
|Labeler - Sincronia Logistica, S.A. de C.V. (812799623)|