STOOL SOFTENER EXTRA STRENGTH- docusate sodium capsule, liquid filled
Disclaimer: Most OTC drugs are not reviewed and approved by FDA, however they may be marketed if they comply with applicable regulations and policies. FDA has not evaluated whether this product complies.
Active ingredient (in each softgel)
Docusate sodium 250 mg
Stool softener laxative
- for relief of occasional constipation
- this product generally produces a bowel movement within 12 to 72 hours
Do not use
if you are presently taking mineral oil, unless directed by a doctor.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- stomach pain
- noticed a sudden change in bowel habits that last over 2 weeks
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If pregnant or breast-feeding
ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 1 softgel daily or as directed by a doctor
- children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
each softgel contains: sodium 15 mg
- store between 20-25ºC(68-77ºF); excursions permitted between 15-30ºC (59-86ºF)
edible white ink, FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, polyethylene glycol, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol
Questions or comments?
Call 1-877-753-3935 Monday- Friday 9AM-5PM EST
Principal Display Panel
DOCUSATE SODIUM, 250 mg
Stool Softener Laxative
- Gentle stool softener
- reliable relief
- stimulant free
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PRINTED SAFETY SEAL UNDER CAP IS BROKEN OR MISSING.
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
CVS HEALTH Extra Strength Stool Softener