This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:
- more than 6 packets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount
- with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Sore throat warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- with any other drug containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin
- if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
- liver disease
- heart disease
- high blood pressure
- thyroid disease
- trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
- breathing problems such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
- persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
- cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
- a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if
- you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
- you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
do not use more than directed
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- marked drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic drinks
- alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
- nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
- pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse, or lasts more than 7 days
- fever gets worse, or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
- new symptoms occur
- cough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.